The best way to celebrate the summer is by feeding your soul with nutrients and quality time with friends and family! We recently got inspired to switch up our nutrition goals from Tabitha Brown’s latest book, Feeding The Soul (Because It’s My Business). We wanted to jazz up our food routine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and the best way to do that is by getting inspired by inspirational leaders that give you joy! Once we read Tabitha's book, we got inspired to put our junk food away for a cleaner, enjoyable, and energetic summer full of creations!
For this recipe, we’re sharing a Slow Cooker Coconut Quinoa Curry from Simply Quinoa that recently hit the spot! As pattern designs, we often get busy with the day-to-day operations of creating meaningful designs. Using a slow cooker is definitely our style and it’s the perfect complement to a productive day!
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled + chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 large broccoli crown cut into florets (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 white onion diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 15 oz can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 14.5 oz cans coconut milk (either full fat or lite)
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 2 garlic cloves minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated turmeric or 1 teaspoon ground
- 2 teaspoon wheat free tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon miso or additional tamari
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon chili flakes
Cook it Up
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker. Stir until everything is fully incorporated.
- Turn the slow cooker to high and cook for 3 - 4 hours until the sweet potato cooks through and the curry has thickened.